Learn to Play Tennis
Each class provides a fun and relaxed atmosphere to introduce the fundamentals: developing ball sense, concentration, attention to detail and good sportsmanship. Classes include instruction, drills, fun games, fitness, agility and team building exercises.
For players at every level, there is a personalized approach to improving power, control, and game play strategy. Every level will work to learn and improve the forehand, backhand, volley, and serve.
Instructors will divide the participants into appropriate ages and skill levels the first week of lessons.
Session I (June): May 28th
Session II (July): July 2nd
|Fee:||$45 in District or $60 Out of District|
|Ages:||4-18 years old|
Session I: June 1st - June 25th
Session II: July 6th - July 30th
Monday & Wednesday or
Tuesday & Thursday
Sign up for both and pay double!
- Tiny Tots Very beginning tennis, for 4-6 year olds. Participants will learn basic stroke fundamentals and improve hand-eye coordination in a fun games-based approach to tennis.
- Beginner I Little or no experience, for 7+ year olds. Participants will receive instruction on the fundamentals of the game, developing skills, ball control, stroke techniques, practice habits, and court etiquette.
- Beginner II Played some, limited instruction, for 7+ year olds. Participants will continue to refine strokes and build confidence, agility, and consistency on the court. Scoring and basic rules are taught
- Intermediate Understands basic skills, can maintain rally and can serve, for 10+ year olds. Participants will begin to advance their skills to the level of match-play situations.
- Advanced Can rally and serve from baseline fairly consistently, can hit volleys and overheads, for 13+ year olds. Participants will work on perfecting all strokes, confidence and consistency, as well as match-play strategy.
- Tiny Tots 8:00 am - 8:55 am: Ages 4-6
- Beginner I -Advanced 9:00 am - 9:55 am: Ages 7-8
- Beginner I -Advanced 10:00 am - 10:55 am: Ages 9-11
- Beginner I -Advanced 11:00 am - 11:55 am: Ages 12 & up
- Please bring your own water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Students need to wear court appropriate tennis shoes (no sandals.)
- Students will be required to do some running!
- Classes missed may be made up with prior arrangements!
- EACH PLAYER MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN TENNIS RACQUET.