Learn to Play Tennis
Each class provides a fun and relaxed atmosphere to introduce the fundamentals: developing ball sense, concentration, attention to detail and good sportsmanship. Classes include instruction, drills, fun games, fitness, agility and team building exercises.
For players at every level, there is a personalized approach to improving power, control, and game play strategy. Every level will work to learn and improve the forehand, backhand, volley, and serve.
Instructors will divide the participants into appropriate ages and skill levels the first week of lessons.
Session I (June): April 11th - May 26th
Session II (July): May 9th - June 30th
|Fee:||$45 in District or $60 Out of District|
|Ages:||4-17 years old|
Session I: June 6th - June 30th
Session II: July 6th - August 2nd
Monday & Wednesday or
Tuesday & Thursday
Sign up for both and pay double!
- Age 4 - 6: Very beginning tennis - participants will learn basic stroke fundamentals and improve hand-eye coordination in a fun games-based approach to tennis.
- Age 7 - 8: Participants will receive instruction on the fundamentals of the game, developing skills, ball control, stroke techniques, practice habits, and court etiquette. Scoring and the rules of tennis introduced.
- Age 9 - 11: Participants will continue to refine strokes and build confidence, agility, and consistency on the court. Scoring and the rules of tennis will be mastered.
- Age 12+: Participants will begin to advance their skills to the level of match-play situations. Instruction will emphasize the importance of footwork and strategy during play.
- Please bring your own water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Students need to wear court appropriate tennis shoes (no sandals.)
- Students will be required to do some running!
- Classes missed may be made up with prior arrangements!
- EACH PLAYER MUST PROVIDE HIS/HER OWN TENNIS RACQUET.